CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday :)

First let me explain that I do have two pictures, but blogger is having some difficulties and I can not upload them at this time, so I will have to try later.....
Second, GO SOONERS!!!!
I wasn't able to watch the game, but Bob Barry always keeps me informed. I left the game at half time and was very glad to rejoin at the tail end to hear that the Sooners were going to win.
This morning the kids went fishing with daddy (I have no pictures, sorry) and had a good time while I went to Oklahoma City's Race For The Cure. It was neat to see all the people who came together for such a worthy cause. Last year I did the race to support Melinda Evans in her fight against breast cancer, but this year I did it in memory of her. Although Melinda and I were not close friends, not a day goes by that I don't think about her and how she has touched my life and the precious children that she has left behind. She was an amazing person and I am a better person for having known her. I really liked the poem on the back of this years race shirt, so I thought I would put it in here with her picture:
" A butterfly lights upon a window sill. For a moment, we are captivated by her glory and grace. Then, as delicately as she flew into our lives, she is gone forever.
We will always remember. Melinda Marie Evans 11/23/75-8/17/07; daughter, wife, mother of 3, twin sister and friend; we miss you, Melinda."

This afternoon, while the girls were napping, Jonathan and I enjoyed carving a pumpkin. We had stencils, Jonathan picked out a very difficult looking vampire, so we settled with the not so difficult ghost. BOO!
Jonathan would really like to do his own, but I am not sure that I am ready for another trip to the ER. Once every other year is more than often enough for me.

No comments: