CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday


We had a fun day today: sleeping in, some light cleaning, and then we went to Brick town for lunch and to go to Bass Pro to see the fish (I have been trying to do that for weeks, but things keep coming up). It was a beautiful day to walk around the canal and the traffic was very light.


At Bass Pro: Mollie loved all of the animals (the dead, stuffed ones). Really, she could barely walk a straight line, because she was too busy looking up.
Abbey loved the "cars." She loves to pretend driving and 4 x 4's are just the thing for a four year old. Jonathan liked the guns, typical boy.


After our outing in Brick town we were off to Jonathan's schools Fall Festival. This year I was nominated Homeroom volunteer and that puts me in charge of all the fun parties, festivals, auctions, etc. That will teach me to write my name on ANY paper at Open House!!
Anyway-- we got to the gym at 3 and left about two hours ago (8:15pm). The kids had a lot of fun and I guess that is really what it is all about, so the fact that I am tired and really wanting a quiet place right now doesn't really matter. Abbey crashed on the way home and Mollie went down pretty quickly. Jonathan is still going strong. Hopefully after prayers he will be a little more relaxed and ready for sleep.
The pictures are of Jonathan helping with our fishing booth and Mollie fishing. All three kids did very well considering we were there for over 5 hours. Jonathan and Abbey helped out with the booths and got to have some fun of their own. Roy has had a long week but was able to come and help with both the booths and the kids. I was thankful for the extra hands.


Oh, I must not forget my funny story for the day. Tonight Jonathan was looking in our church phone book and pointed to a picture of a very elderly(-looking) lady and said "Mom, do you think she is dead already? Just cuz......well, she looks old!" While this comment was possibly a little rude it did give me a chuckle to see his mind wheels turning. And sadly enough, I do not know if that woman is dead or not. I guess I need to get a little more involved with our elderly members.

No comments: