CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yay! for S'mores

Jonathan really does amaze me with his creativity. Most everyday he designs something new. Either through drawing, or building with his Lego's, or just his thoughts. Well, the other night he was building something for his show and tell and named it the "wiener ship." For those of you who do not think like a 6 year old, the ship has an elongated middle, very similar to that of a "wiener dog" (dachshund).
Tonight we were going to go to Haunt the Zoo, but apparently I was mistaken and it doesn't actually start until tomorrow night. Lucky for me we have Storybook Forest and they were gracious enough to start tonight so I wouldn't look completely horrible to my children who were so looking forward to Haunt the Zoo.

Let me back up, Jonathan was sick yesterday, so we were unable to eat our traditional Wednesday night meal of Cici's pizza. Both Jonathan and Abbey requested that we do that tonight and I somehow decided that Cici's was better than doing dishes. While waiting in line to get pizza Abbey tells me that she has to go to the bathroom. OK, no problem, she can go by herself, she does it all the time. About two minutes later (seriously, I was only at the bread sticks) I turn around to watch for Abbey to come out of the bathroom only to see that she is walking over to me. crying very loudly, with her pants (thankfully, just her pants) at her knees. Poor child. her pants were too tight and she had had an accident and was coming out for assistance. Embarrassing (for me) and sad (for her) at the same time. After we ate a lady asked if she was okay and when I told her what had happened she said, "Well, of all the places for it to happen at least you were at Cici's!" Unfortunately, I do agree.

So, after that wonderful meal and a new pair of underpants Abbey perked up and we went out to Storybook Forest.
FYI: They close at 8:30 and if you arrive at 7:45 they will not make you aware of the time and tell you that you'd better hurry so that you can do everything.
We enjoyed a leisurely stroll around the trail and got to see Curious George. All three were a little unsure of the masked creature, but after I gave him a hug and showed them that it was okay Jonathan got a little closer, Mollie just stood about five feet away and waved bye-bye and Abbey still didn't want anything to do with him.

Then we decided to do the games before riding the hayride, actually, it was more like we got to play the games INSTEAD of going on the hayride. Jonathan was a little upset, but it was probably okay, because it was really quite cold out there. Instead we did the games and went back for S'mores over the campfire.

No comments: