CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2008




Yey, Arts Festival, where Oklahomans get to gather round the ol' sculpture park, eat yummy food and see some very interesting outfits.........


Saturday the children and I ventured out to the Arts Festival and enjoyed FOUR hours of exciting entertainment. Since the Myriad gardens was running a special for the festival we took advantage of it (and the clean, air conditioned rest rooms) and saw some pretty and exotic flowers. Mom, I even took a picture of one.....


After the gardens we walked around the pond only to see an enormous alligator snapping turtle for two seconds before he disappeared back into the green abyss. I'm sure he enjoys time swimming with his gigantic gold fish friends. Please keep small pets and children away from the edge of the pond.


The kids were able to pick a dessert for a late afternoon snack. As you can see Jonathan picked the homemade, chocolate dipped ice cream cube. Quite good. I ate my 100 calorie bite and left it alone. Mollie liked the ice cream and it was much less messy than the chocolate covering so we all came out in the positive.


Abbey wanted "the thing that daddy got with sugar on top." After several attempts to nail this one down we saw someone with a funnel cake (which had already been suggested, but apparently she just knows it by the sugar on top, not it's actual name) and that was exactly what she was trying to tell me. We shared a funnel cake and all was good. I can still remember getting a funnel cake at the May fair in Tulsa growing up and getting a sticker that said "I got a funnel cake and I ate the whole thing!" Still one of my fair faves!


We were able to enjoy a few moments with Uncle Brant and Michelle before heading home to some peace and quiet. Sorry no pics.

No comments: